Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Heartbreaker

The Heartbreaker is a new and not so welcome name.
It’s always been a weakness of mine, the belief that people broke easily
Just because I did
Handling their hearts likethe precious Japanese china that you always have on display
Undoubtedly ugly, undoubtedly deserving
Clashing with my design

During our time, anguished lovers eyes as I broke the news
Plagued my nightmares, haunted my day times
A type of vanity perhaps.
I never did it, they always did. I, who thought me so beloved,
Always wore the faces I would not assign them,
Easier for me to feel grief than guilt.

And now the only one
The one with the truest, most deserving heart
Is the one I have chosen to break the pattern,
And when I was as beloved as I wanted to be
Turned out it wasn’t enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment