They are on a journey
To a better world
I say, I will come, and I will help.
Dust, it chokes me.
Thick, or is it thin?
It is another entity entirely,
Corrupting my thoughts
Filling my gasping throat
It's so hot
It burns my gentle soles
Its softness is disingenuous
Soft like a flame
Or a jellyfish
I'm crawling now
My lily limbs, filthy
My well spoken breath, rasping
Trying to ride my knowledge like a broken bicycle
But they,
Their way is clear
Straight backed, they are indestructible,
Dirt hidden by ebony,
Voices tuneless, but clear, true
I call them back, my broken voice
Pleading my superior theology
Questioning our direction, how can they know?
They say they trust their feet
Soon, they are long gone
And now, I am on my knees, to the god I don’t believe in
Precious energy wasted on my words
My horizon, blotched by unanswered questions.
I thought I would show them the way
But they follow a map I cannot read
And they have a guide who isn't me
And I am the one who is lost.
No comments:
Post a Comment